A bathtub is a key element to making your bathroom feel comfortable and luxurious. But as the years go on and your tub sees more use and water, it’s easy for your bathtub to see a little wear and tear. While it may be tempting to replace the tub altogether, it’s often in your best interest to refinish your current bathtub. A professional refinisher can make your bathtub look good as new in no time!
Before you start looking at new bathtubs, look at some of the benefits of bathtub refinishing:
- The cost of refinishing a bathtub is much lower than replacing it. Remember, when you replace a bathtub, you’re not just paying for the tub itself: you also need to account for plumbing and installation fees, which can seriously add up. Refinishing costs are all-inclusive, without any extra fees you need to worry about.
- Eco-Friendly. Refinishing a bathtub uses eco-friendly and environmentally conscious materials and eliminates the risk of your old bathtub ending up in a landfill. This reduces your carbon footprint and helps keep our environment a cleaner place!
- When you the time to properly and professionally maintain it, A refinished bathtub can last years. A refinish job can last anywhere from 10-15 years, and the more you keep up with upkeep, the longer the tub will last. Remember not to use scrubbing pads and abrasive cleaners between refinishing appointments.
- Lead Protection. Many tubs, particularly those pre-1984, may contain unsafe levels of lead, leading to serious health problems for you and anyone using your bathtub. When you refinish a tub, you can properly seal and encapsulate it so it’s safe to use, and you won’t have to worry about the lead. It is much safer and cheaper than replacing your tub because of the lead.
- Bathtub Update. Did you know you can refinish other parts of your bathroom as well? Consult a professional to see if they can refinish your sink, vanity, or bathroom counters. Like your bathtub, this will turn your bathroom into a brand-new room, without any of the added costs or fuss of a renovation.
Trust Detroit Tubs for your next bathtub refinishing! When you choose Detroit Tubs for your bathroom remodel, you can rest assured that you are in good hands. We are fully licensed, insured, and bonded, and we stand behind all our work with a lifetime warranty. Visit our website to learn more or call us at (586) 296-1100 to get started today!